Career help? Count on an Alumni COACH.
Through our C·O·A·C·H Program, Adelphi alumni act as resources and mentors, sharing industry and career information and providing encouragement to current students and fellow alumni as they enter their chosen fields.
The best advice often comes in the form of a story—from another person sharing their own experience. As a member of the C·O·A·C·H program, individuals can share information regarding their career path, meet others in the field, and gain insight and advice on various professions.
- Lunch with a Leader: COACHes speak to students during a luncheon, either on or off campus.
- Professional visits: COACHes host 20 to 30 students and fellow alumni on site at their place of business. This helps attendees to understand the day-to-day operations of the profession.
- Shadowing experiences: COACHes may also decide to allow a student or fellow alumnus to shadow them on the job for a day or part of a day.
- Backpack to Briefcase seminars: COACHes host seminars that help students and young alumni transition from college life to the professional world.
- COACHes in the Classroom: COACHes visit student classes and discuss their careers.
- COACHes as consultants: COACHes may decide to offer advice to students individually via email or phone.
- COACH receptions, breakfasts, and panel discussions are also available.