Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow
Meet those who came before, and shape Adelphi for those who will come after you.
The Adelphi community includes more than 85,000 alumni. In every field and industry, in every state, and around the world, they’re in the Fortune 500, on Wall Street, in Hollywood, and on TV.
- How can you as a student gain access to this network of mentors, associates, and peers?
- How can you help shape your college experience and impact the campus today and tomorrow?
- How can you leave a legacy and be a leader?
Join S.T.A.T.—Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow
We are looking for dedicated, motivated student leaders who want to make a difference.
What will you do?
- Represent students at alumni events.
- Take part in student focus groups for the Office of Alumni Relations and other campus offices.
- Administer the Student Legacy Campaign: rally students, raise money, and work together to give back to Adelphi.
- Support Adelphi’s Senior Legacy Campaign to raise funds each year for a senior class gift.
What will the University provide for you?
- Invitations to high-profile events with some of the University’s most successful alumni.
- Introduction to and recognition by the University’s Board of Trustees.
- An audience with President Robert A. Scott.
- Valuable resume-building experience.
- Opportunities to develop leadership, networking, and organizational skills.
- References from University administrators, faculty, and prominent alumni.
- Recognition in Adelphi publications.
- The ability to impact the value of your degree as well as the Adelphi experience for future generations.
What are the requirements?
- Availability — Provide us with a set schedule so that we can staff events.
- Flexibility — Attend mandatory meetings.
- Capacity — Promote and attend events created by S.T.A.T. as part of the Student Legacy Campaign.
- Tenacity — Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
How do you apply?
- Fill out an application.
- Return it to Sylvia Zlatkova, Associate Director, Office of Annual Giving, in Levermore Hall, 204.
- Once the applications are reviewed, you will be informed if you have been selected for an interview.
Where do you go for more information?
Some of our notable alumni include…
- The Under Secretary of the United States Army
- The former president of Citigroup and former chairman and CEO of American International Group, Inc. (AIG)
- The founder and retired chairman of Endo Pharmaceuticals
- A former president of Allstate Insurance Company
- A cofounder of Nextel Communications
- The retired senior vice president of financial operations and controller of TimeWarner, Inc.
- Two New York state senators
- The former White House physician to President Bill Clinton
- A former chairman and CEO of the New York Stock Exchange
- The cofounder of Double Rainbow Ice Cream
- The president and CEO of Castagna Realty (Americana Manhasset)
- Two members of the U.S. House of Representatives
- The senior editor of Mad Magazine
- The controller and vice president of Pfizer, Inc.
- The songwriter of “I Want Candy” and “My Boyfriend’s Back”
- Vice president of marketing and development for Bed, Bath & Beyond
And just a few more alumni you might recognize…
|Gary Dell’Abate ’83
Executive Producer of The Howard Stern Show
|“Chuck D” ’84
Rapper, Author, Producer, and prominent member of Public Enemy
|Alice Hoffman ’73
Author of Practical Magic, Aquamarine, and Here on Earth
|Robert Kavner ’65
Lead Independent Director of Pandora Media, Inc.
|Tom Donohue ’65
President and CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce